Monday, January 30, 2017

Putting Off

What a weekend.  I have been dealing with the wife's emotional state that our friend has put her in. 
Most of that involves me not getting her riled up over this.  I have been drafting a response since she wanted my thoughts on her actions.  I don't take this lightly, so I have even spoken to others with more knowledge than I.  My response is already over two pages, I don't want it to get any longer for fear of losing my audience.  But due to the issue at hand I can't make it much shorter.  So I have spent and great deal of the weekend thinking, discussing and researching in order to have a cogent and yet effective response.  I won't send it without the wife's first reading it.  However she is putting off reading it and does not want to discuss it with me as it puts her in an unhappy place.  She gets frustrated with me as I tend to obsess and will talk about it randomly and she gets aggravated with me.  So I have set up a meeting with 1-2 others that can give her guidance, the same I sought out. 
She respects them and will not get aggravated with them like she will me.  No, it's not that she doesn't respect me, it's our familiarity with each other we can let down our guard and let emotions get in the way easier.  I am confident she will be pleased with my response, while not wishing we had to do this.  Without going into a lot of detail it is in regard to a religious issue and a soul is at stake.  This isn't and won't be easy due to the emotions involved.

We have also been putting off things around here at our house.  Cleaning and such mostly.  We also need to make a trip to the grocer, we are out of a lot of things we use daily.  Payday is Tuesday so we will go then.  The parents' move hindered most of that and then the friend issue, plus I have been pretty lazy anyway.  We have gotten behind in keeping the house clean or at least to an acceptable level for two slobs.  The yard has gotten pretty bad looking with the two hard freezes killing a lot of vegetation and the very high winds over a day and a half.  There are a LOT of leaves and limbs laying everywhere, even up under the patio and on the front porch.  So we will spend most of today getting the inside cleaned up, vacuuming, mopping, dusting and clearing clutter that accumulates ( I told you we are slobs).  I will wait on the yard work a few more days but will most likely clear off the patio and front porch.  It doesn't sound like a lot but I am already tired thinking about it.

Happy Trails

3 comments:

Harry Flashman said...

Sounds bad. My wife and I don't mix with people. Even family if we can help it. It's hard enough keeping things on an even keel without having other people sticking their oar in. That's one reason I use a pseudonym to write. Let's you keep some control over things.

Old NFO said...

Thoughts and prayers, sir. Things like that have a tendency to resonate LONG after the situation gets resolved, for better or worse...

Randy said...

Harry Flashman-I totally understand

Old NFO-yes I agree, the ramifications will be lasting