Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Impressed So Far

Believe me when I tell you I was a huge skeptic in regard to the Donald and his ambitions for the White House.  I was convinced it was a huge scam to benefit himself alone.  And it well may be just that.  From what I see I am impressed with the actions he has taken in his first few days.  Signing Executive orders to undo some of the crap we have been saddled with by the previous joker.  Now I see he has signed another in regard to the huge pipeline from Canada the left killed.  I don't know the details but that is encouraging.  In fact I am more encouraged about what is taking place in DC than I have been since the Great Ronald Reagan was in office.  I even hear Trump invoking the name of God, although I believe that is just for show to keep the religious right in his pocket.  Maybe the seeds that Phil Robertson planted in his meeting with him may take root.  I pray they do.  I especially love how Trump and his administration is fighting back against the press.  They aren't intimidated by a biased lying press and aren't afraid to call them out.  It's funny to see how the press is flustered by this.  Maybe what's good for his pockets is good for most of the nation.

I finished my Amazon Fire cover a few days ago.  It was a complete departure from anything I have done before.  From design of it's utility (which I am not sold on yet) to the tooling I put on it and a couple other things.  It has many more flaws than I would prefer.  Some is due to trying new things and much more to the lack of working leather over the last few months.  The tooling on the front cover was much more ambitious than most of my previous work.  I adapted a design I found online somewhere to use on this.  It is not my design except for a few minor details.  I don't recall the name of the person that made the original design or he would get credit here.  I won't use it commercially to protect the integrity of the original design unless I can change enough of it to make it mine.




Happy Trails



2 comments:

Old NFO said...

That is some nice work! I know you see all the errors, but that's NICE! :-)

Randy said...

thank you sir