Thursday, January 5, 2017

Grrrr

I have been dealing with a new Rx provider for all our meds.  I get 90 days worth since it they are maintenance meds.  I had obtained some at the local pharmacy as I didn't want them sitting in the mailbox enduring the 100+ degree heat in the summer.  Changing from one company to another is a PITB.  This new company no longer covers the 'brand' meds I have been taking for years.  I can still take them if I want to pay out of pocket.  But at the price they charge for diabetes meds that ain't gonna happen.  So I will need to have all my meds changed over to other brands by my doctor.  Not a big deal except the folks that handle that for him always screw it up.  Always.  I will need to go in to see him before my usual 6 month visit in order to get the scripts so I don't run out.  Then in September my medical insurance company changes.  I hope my doctor is on their network, otherwise I will have to find another doctor.

Have a new dentist too.  Went Monday for a cleaning, something that is very important for a diabetic.
That was the most thorough exam I have ever had.  I think we made a good choice.  We are trying to do this without insurance.  The cost of the insurance over the year outstrips the cost of regular visits. 
It still is another hit to the wallet I wish we didn't have.  But we went without for almost 2 years and I paid the price of the neglect.

The weather has been pretty nice, in the mid 70's the last few days, but tomorrow we will get another cold blast with some significantly lower temps.  They will be low enough to kill off the rest of the tender outdoor vegetation we have planted, if I don't do a better job of covering them than I did last time.  We lost a lot of plants that survived much colder weather before.  The wind found the weak spots in my work at covering them.  So next spring we will see if we need to replant or not.

Today I will spend getting ready for the colder weather bring some more firewood up from the stack and Kim says she will make some sort of soup she wants to try out.  I'm game for that.  Drained the hot water heater and quite a bit of limestone came out, not as much as last time.  I need to do that every 3 months but I most often go longer.  

This time of year the cedar pollen goes crazy.  There are many rich allergists in this part of the State. When the wind blows there is so much pollen it looks like smoke and your vehicles get very dusty.  I am not allergic but I know many that are, Kim is very allergic and we live right in the middle of that crap.  It's a miserable time of year for those folks.

Picked up my deer meat yesterday and got about 28-30 lbs.  Was going to make chili right away but Kim wants me to hold off so she can make that soup.  

Happy Trails


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, dental health is, or should be high on EVERYONE's list! Know the feeling on the meds... sigh At least you aren't dealing with the VA! OBTW, it's 19 up here this morning!

Randy said...

Old NFO-19 is too freaking cold, we had 27, much lower than predicted. Supposed to be 21 the next two days.