Thursday, June 18, 2015

Trans-racialing (is that even a word?)

Ima make it one now.



Finally a liberal thing I can get behind.  Really.  Just think about the possibilities for this old Redneck, conservative, Christian, (did I mention Lilly white?) Southern Roots, Texian.  It just don't get no better'n this here idea.  




I inhabit an area of Texas that is predominantly Tejano/Chicano/Mexican-American/Hispanic/Latino, you take your pick.  There is ample 'opportunity' to be exposed to the predominant culture.  Heck I have even picked up a little Espanol along the way, enough that I can generally make myself understood at times.  I have been told my accent is very good.  I speak as much as some with it being their native tongue but weren't raised speaking it.  "But Texian, how in the world can you pass for that with your Irish/Northern European 'look?'  They didn't call you Colorado (pronounced the TexMex way) at work because you were from there."  Well I am glad you asked.  You see, here in this big city just to the South, it was settled by a group of Canary Islanders.  Every so often you get someone of a light complexion that claims that they are descendants of such, as they were very light skinned, or so the word is.  



So I think I can claim that heritage with just as little investigation others receive.  I can even claim that due to my unusually light complexion I was even persecuted MORE.  By not only those that we are against but my OWN PEOPLE.  I shed many tears over this.  It scarred me deeply.


It just boggles my mind of the new and varied things that would now be open to me.  Our city and county are predominantly of the blue persuasion.  Now I could just 'fit in' without question and wield my influence to MY benefit.  Just like they do, claiming what helps me helps you.

I can see it now, (key dream sequence music): They would just be clamoring for me to endorse someone or something, opening so many more doors.  All those that want to look good by 'helping' out this poor ole persecuted soul.    I would begin to gain more and more power and wield it with such alacrity that no one would be the wiser until I have become the most powerful and influential 'transracial' in this State.  


Yeah, it makes me sick too.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Oh yeah, it's gonna be out there now... sigh

CenTexTim said...

Yeah, but now you can qualify for those minority set-aside contracts...