Thursday, June 11, 2015

An Old Dog Learning



I have been very preoccupied with the new craft/skill that I mentioned previously.  It tends to take away thought and time from posting here.  At least it is filling my thoughts and it isn’t very interesting for others.  I only mention this for my own documentation and help me remember order of events.  That is mainly what I created this medium for anyway.

The other day I had a post about utoob.  That is where much of my time has been spent trying to absorb as much as I can with this new craft.  I have tried a few to start with and encountered issues and am now trying to work those out.  They don’t tell you everything in one single video, it’s a combination of videos for various other aspects.  In sum total you get a better picture. 

I find this this new craft very interesting and can be much cheaper in the long run than that of my leather work.  I don’t plan on this replacing the leather at all, although it will seem like that until I get to a point that I have become competent enough in the product that it can be part of Kim’s jewelry inventory.  Just another way to enhance her chances of attracting more customers.  Once I get to a point that my product is presentable, I’ll post a few pics, maybe even of the first tries.

Consequently if I go missing for a couple days in a row, that’s more than likely what is going on.  Also the Grandkids will be here almost the entire week next week and VBS will occupy much of that time also.  VBS= Vacation Bible School.  Not sure my role will be as large as in the past at VBS, it has been behind the scenes in the past.  They are working out a new method that may leave me with more time to work on this craft.  We’ll see.

Oh, and here is what I have been gathering almost every morning this week.   


Not a lot, but remember this is off only two plants.  After several mornings picking we have more than a few to eat.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Enjoy... and those look good!