Friday, June 19, 2015

Didn't Work

My roof 'repairs.'  We didn't completely avoid all the rain from the tropical storm.  Although the weather know-it-alls said we would get rain even if the tropical storm hadn't come through.  We got 2 inches yesterday and today so far with most coming this morning starting at 4 AM.  From the amount of water leaking from my roof, my attempts didn't even slow it up.  Evidently I don't know what I'm doing with roof repairs/patching.  Just hope the rain abates for a month or so.  Maybe we can get a pro out to take a look then.

The Grandkids have been here all week.  It will get very quiet this evening.  They will be back with their parents this afternoon.  It's been great, but we do need a break.  That won't start until next week, especially for Kim as she still has a full day of working the resorts this Saturday.  I wish I had her energy, she is amazingly resilient.

The garden (tomatoes) are starting to produce in over drive and the tomatoes are tasting better than the first batches picked.  I don't know, (shrugs).

Happy Trails


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Sorry to hear the roof repair didn't... Hope you get it fixed.

Unknown said...

A leaking roof during the rainy days is totally a headache. It can be hard to repair it all by yourself. On the other hand, you can seek professional help whenever problems like this arise. Well I hope that everything is okay now, and that you are all keeping yourselves dry. Take care! :)


Pleasance Faast @ Shelton Roof