Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Odds and Ends


Just a bit about one of the things that has been a concern.  Had a man come take a look at my garage door.  It got damaged by some negligence on my part.  Been damaged a couple times previously and been able to patch it up and make it work.  This time it's just to far gone.  I can get it opened and closed manually with a lot of finesse but the wife probably wouldn't be able to if I weren't there.  Did some patching up and tried it with the opener and it just got more damaged, bent, and twisted and tore sheet metal and a hinge.  Due to various reasons, one being the dog (Buster) we go in and out this door almost exclusively.   They will be out to replace it next Saturday.  This is one of the things that has been bothering me more than normal.  When I'm not here and she needs to use that door she wouldn't be able to.  I want to make this easier on the wife, by doing that it gets one more issue out of my jumbled mind.  Everyone knows I need less of that running around in the brain box even under normal circumstances.  Just gonna cost me a wad of cash that I really don't want to use, but I tell myself it's a good thing to do, and the wife is the one that prompted getting this done.  I just need to keep telling myself it's for the wife.  When it's over and done, even having spent the cash won't bother me.  Yeah, my mind is a funny thing the way it works, I know.

Buster has been a bit goofy this week.  Mainly at night when we let him out to do his business before we shut it down for the night.  He just knows there are critters running around in the yard that need his attention.  He lays by the door earlier every night sniffing and huffing at the base of the door, trying to catch a whiff of whatever he thinks may be intruding on his turf.  When he gets let out he has a pattern he always follows to patrol the yard.  Not this week.  It's straight to the tree and then over to the other tree, back and forth.  Usually he does his business and comes in right away for his treat.  Now he will stay out about an hour with his nose in the air.  I suspect he saw a cat one night, that I have seen around here.  Now he is out there just knowing that cat is there, somewhere.  If that cat isn't on his toes, well it won't be good for the cat.
This is Buster on a recent trip to the Hill Country.  First time he ever set paw in a river.  Quite and accomplishment, he hates water.  A bit unusual from what I'm told for an Aussie.
 
 

Thanks for all the support that has been shown to me and the wife.  It has been greatly appreciated and does much for our spirit.  I've learned some things about myself and how you are treated when you are dealing with something like cancer.  I will talk about that more later,  Gotta get thoughts on that more focused.
 
Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

Thanks for telling me about your blog!!!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Randy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randy said...

Thanks Ms. Linda, really pleased you found time to come by.