Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Addressing the Future


Howdy from Texas, 

I have this nagging feeling of getting things accomplished/completed prior to my upcoming surgery.  I will be limited from doing anything remotely strenuous for a while after.  This is part of my nature, one to not have things hanging over my head that need my attention, the other my wife thinks I'm silly to even think about it.  But that's how my mind works and have never been able to turn that part of me off.   So I won't mention that here for now.  Those of you that know me can probably guess why my concern for getting these chores done prior to surgery.  Always been to much of a worrier.  

Have had some tree limbs hanging close to the roof.  Needed to get those cut back to prevent any shingle damage.  Got up there yesterday and had a look at the roof while trimming.  Noticed the wind had blown one of the limbs against the shingles more than I could tell it was from the ground.  Looked pretty bad to me.  Also found where a shingle had blown off on the ridge cap along with what may be a broken shingle.  Don't really know what to look for in detail for hail damage.  We have had some pretty good storms this year that included hail, so that was also a concern.  We had an epic storm back in July that even caused a few minor leaks in one part of the house.  Haven't had any leaks since.  I chalked that up to wind blowing it under the shingles, there was a lot of wind and rain that day/night.  That was enough in my mind to cause concern.   

Went and visited with my sons and family.  They wanted to get together since all the news about by health and I could answer any questions.  It was a great visit as usual.  A beautiful faithful family.  Gives my heart such joy and peace.  And those grandkids, my daughter has done a marvelous job as a homemaker.  My son did a great job picking this woman.

My son is an insurance adjuster and part of his job had been evaluating roofs.  So I told him my concerns about the roof and asked him to come by some time and give a look and tell me if I should call my insurance.  He came that day and put my mind at ease.  The damage isn't near as bad as I thought.  He says he will try to find me someone through his business contacts that can do a good job just repairing the existing damage and not take advantage of us. 
 
Have a few other things bugging me, things that need to be done, costing me cash that I really don't want to spend.  Trying to put them in perspective so I don't do something that can wait.  Now that is really hard for me.  The wife will just have to get in my face about it.

Hadn't planned on these posts being this long.  I certainly want to keep this interesting and I find myself getting pretty wordy. which, in person is rarely the case.  I will try to post a few pics ever so often so you can see something more interesting than my words.  Not sure I will post pics of my grandkids due to OPSEC.  Would need to get permission anyway from my son/daughter before I did.
 
Here is a shot I like.  This is early fall morning after an overnight shower.  The fog/vapor lifting off the fence was better than would show up in the pic.  Thought it really looked cool with the morning sun behind it.   Click on the pic to get a better view.


Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: