Thursday, May 21, 2020

Man Cave

OK, no post about the chinaman virus today, I promise.  I'm pretty sure you hear enough of that.  I have been very busy this week working on completely redoing my office/hobby room.  It's not really a man cave per se from what I have seen that others have.  I just have one of my Sons old bedrooms i have converted for my use.  I have my pc and my leather work area.  I have desks for both.  The one that the computer sits on is a monstrosity I salvaged from the oldest Son when he moved out 20 years ago.  It's big and takes up a lot of room and becomes a catch all because I have lazy moments.  The leather work desk is an old small desk and is ugly as sin.  Especially with all the leather dyes having left their marks along with all the cutting, pounding and sliding around of various leather tools.  The computer desk is being dismantled and will be disposed of, piece by piece in the trash.  The leather desk will get some sanding and some paint.  'K' says she will do that for me.  I picked up another desk for free from a friend.  It is just a regular size desk but heavy.  It will get some rehab too before it is placed in the room.

Most of this week has centered on prepping the room for paint and new flooring.  The carpet has been ripped out.  Everything has been removed from the walls except an antique deer head that was killed by my Grandfather down around Tilden.  Whoever mounted that thing back in 1952 did an excellent job.  It still looks great.  No deterioration like you see on a lot of old head.  Fur is still intact and looks great.  



I would like to find another spot for it but it will most likely stay where it is.  Doesn't fit in with 'K's" decor if you know what I mean.  For those that may want to know, that's an 11 point 24" outside spread.  

I am trying a new paint scheme.  Two tone is what I call it.  The floors will get a vinyl planking like we have in our bedroom.  That will take me longer to do.  I want to take it slow and not wreck my back.   

All this to tell you I may be out of pocket for a few extra days.  I have already relocated my PC but it will come down eventually while I paint and then move on to the floor.   Hopefully I can keep from hurting myself.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Slow and easy gets it done. Do what you gotta, we'll be around!