Monday, May 4, 2020

50 Days In


We plan to head to the grocers today.  I have been hearing that HEB, the largest grocer in Texas and the one we use, has now started limits on meat.  Two meats.  We passed on picking up more meat at Costco last week which now seems to be a mistake.  We are getting down to the last of the fresh meat we have.  Leftover brisket we froze, a very large venison backstrap, a couple small packages of sausage, one pack of hotdogs.  I thought we had more.  That's enough to last a week or more, depends on how much drive thru we do.  I like to have more on hand so we don't have a limited variety.  We will try to game the system by each of us splitting the list and getting the limit on meats for each of us.  Not sure if that includes bacon.  Costco was out of bacon so we are getting very low.  One package doesn't last a week so not sure we can get enough.  We may make another stop at Costco while we are out and see if they have restocked.  Would love to have a nice Ribeye but if we are limited that won't fly, we need things that last more than one meal.  We have plenty of canned food as an option for meats.


I am getting tired of this 'lockdown' more each week, as I am sure most are.  The limiting of meat concerns me.  No, I am not stressing over it like I see others are on FB and other social media platforms.  I have one distant cousin this is causing some major depression issues for.  I worry about that, and I admit I don't understand it but do have compassion for her.  I'm sure it's bad for many others, I hope and pray they can manage through.

We need to get by to see my Mother again in the near future.  She sounds like she is doing well.  We will offer to run errands for her before we arrive as usual but she generally turns us down as she isn't prepared with a list of things she needs.  

Happy trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Cost of meat is up, here. By anywhere from 25-50% :-(