Monday, June 1, 2020

Back On Line

I see that Blogger is going to try a new interface.  I guess I will need to learn that now.  I am actually trying it today.  Things look a little different and I had trouble finding how to start a new post.  I could see all my previous posts but the 'create new post' wasn't where it used to be.  Obviously I found it after a few.

The Man Cave is mostly finished.  All the paint and flooring is completed along with the new/used desk in place.  Still need to refinish the old leather work desk.  It's been sanded and will soon get some new paint.  I will need to put some quarter round down to finish the flooring but that will need to wait.  I was wanting to get all the junk that I moved out of there back in.  It was all over the house and was starting to annoy me.  I have most of it back in although most is in boxes waiting to be sorted and either put in it's new place or disposed of.  I have a lot of old PC cables I have held on to that will get tossed along with other junk.  I still have too much and should just toss it all.  Once all that is put away then I will have to figure out what goes on the walls.  That will change quite a bit.  I have a several certificates from various things that will not go back up.  Any art work will be Western or Texas oriented with more family photos that are stored away.  I am not in a hurry for that as I am enjoying the clean fresh painted walls.  Here are a few pics of how this all happened.





It seems every one has gone nuts with this latest police involved death (George Floyd).  I have kept to myself as far as social media is concerned.  It seems everyone wants to be first to comment on their take on what happened and what should happen.  Even before they actually have all the facts.  It happens every time on social media and then they find out they didn't know all the details.  Social media IMO is the tool that is used in dividing this country than most anything. (But that's another story).   This case seems more cut a dried and there is little doubt about what has happened.  But I also see the rioting as having another motive than justice or simple protests.  It's an opportunity to divide us even more.  I truly believe there is someone funding a lot of these 'protesters' that we would never have heard from otherwise, just like the antifa bunch.  Their warped view of justice isn't helping anything at all.  It's just pure lunacy.  Other than this small paragraph I have taken the stance of following these words found in scripture: "swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger."  It would help a lot if we all did this.  But now I hear that those rioters are going to move into neighborhoods next.  They are pushing their luck and will get whats coming to them if they pick the wrong one.  

'K' is doing better finally.  She had to get a second round of antibiotics and it has played havoc with her system too.  But she is better and seems like her self these.  That has allowed us to have the Grandbaby to stay a few days starting today.  That lifts our spirits more than anything else.  We haven't seen her in almost three weeks except on facetime and this was much needed.  What a blessing this little one has been.  Especially with all we have been through this past year.  She has been the bright light in a very dark time for us.  Prayerful thanks are always given.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

That room looks GREAT! And yes, stepping away from social media IS a good idea. I use the 72 hour rule myself, IF I comment at all.

Randy said...

Old NFO-Thank you