Sunday, May 17, 2020

Day 65 +\- of the Chinamen Kung Flu Liberty Stealing Virus

I am so ready for things to get back to normal.  Yet I still would prefer that everyone take precautions.  I have a lot of back and forth thoughts on this.  However, I am definitely ready to have my liberties back from those that so easily took them.  It's totally my responsibility to see that I stay healthy, not anyone else.  Yet I don't trust Joe Public to have the same concern for others that I would have.  

As this goes on the susceptibility issues I have to this Chinese Kung Flu seem to increase every week.  A new discovery is made about this virus every week that makes those that have it more vulnerable to a severe reaction, mostly death.  I started out with 3 and am now up to 5 issues if I haven't missed any.  I don't know if all the surgeries I have had over the last 5 years makes any difference, but I don't feel near as strong as my previous self before those surgeries.  So I have been vacillating on what I want to do if everything is opened back up, just how that will affect my approach.  Don't get me wrong, I think we should be able to decide for ourselves, not some government official or some health care talking head.  Just give me the info and let me decide what risks to take.  I also am getting mighty tired of seeing that one particular epidemiologist guy trying to run the country, I don't think he was on any ballots.

I did finally get into to the doctors office for my much delayed annual physical.  I couldn't see my doctor as he isn't seeing any patients except by video, so it wouldn't be a physical just a check up.  However his extremely competent FNP was available and I opted for her.  I just didn't feel like I should put it off any longer.  I did ask why my regular doctor wasn't seeing patients and she was.  It appears that it's a difference of opinions on the risk factor to themselves.  My doctor thinks the risk is too great to see patients in person at this time but the FNP thinks the risks can be mitigated.  Hooray for her.  That's how I think about how I will approach the future once they open the cage door.  Mitigate the risk as I see fit.  

Wow it seems this is all about health this time.  'K' is having a bout with her diverticulitis again.  Happens about once a year now.  She gets a little nervous with all she went through a couple years ago when her intestines ruptured. And this always seems to happen on the weekend and night so we have to wait to call the doc or get meds.  We got a call in to her gastro doc very early Monday and he sent out some antibiotics and it is getting better but it's slow.  We caught it just about the time she started having fever.  She was ready to go to the ER until I reminded her what the doc said last time.  No spike in fever = no ER.  But I know she gets a little scared and that freaks me out some.  Yes, it hurts her and then me.

Well this is getting longer than I intended so I'll shut it down for now.  Stay safe.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

My thought is to worry about what you can affect directly and let the rest fall where it may. Sorry to hear about K's issues.