Monday, May 11, 2020

Monday Update Day 58+\-

Ugh, I was finishing up a long post and I hit something on the keyboard and everything went away.  That has happened more times than I can remember.  I still don't know what I hit. Maybe it is how this keyboard is configured.  It seems a little smaller and I used to use one of those ergonomic ones and along with my fat old man fingers...

Just crawled down from the roof for the second time in a couple weeks.  Caulked and painted the bad spots on the chimney (it's wood).  So hopefully that will last until we hire a painter/carpenter that will paint the entire house and replace some bad wood and siding.  The first trip up was to sweep off the roof valleys of all the oak tassels.  I also found where the coons have been having a party on the back side of the chimney.  There was quite a pile a scat and a fresh urine trail running down the roof.  I guess not having a dog using the back yard daily may be letting them think they are safe to party.  I don't know why else they find it a place to do their business.

I will start another project today.  I want to get my office/man cave more organized.  I will rip out the 34 year old carpet, paint everything with a new paint scheme and lay some vinyl plank flooring.  I will get rid of this giant old cheap computer desk, and replace it with a regular desk, a used one.  I will also have to reduce the foot print of all the leather work things I have in their since I rarely do that any more.  Although I recently finished a piece for a friend as a gift.


We lost a very close and dear friend this past Sunday morning.  It still weighs heavy.  She was one of 'K's' very close friends.  She lost her 8/9 year battle with breast cancer.  She had inspired me when I was dealing with my cancer.  Her attitude and approach to life was how I wanted to be.  We have lost many close to us over the last 7 years, this one is hard.  I pray for her husband, my good and very close friend.  

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Be careful up there... We're not as young as we used to be. Sorry to hear about the friend's passing. That leatherwork is BEAUTIFUL!

Randy said...

Old NFO-yes, I feel my age but i'm hardheaded about some things. And thank you