Monday, April 27, 2020

Day 43, I Think

Days are running together more than they usually do(seems like I've said that recently too).  Being retired that happens a lot to me.  But now that we don't have the opportunity to worship at the church house with our brethren it is even more so.  Starting our week and social life is there.  

We have streaming service online and they had a glitch yesterday and they couldn't get it done, so rescheduled for 5 PM.  We were then able to switch over to the congregation where our Sons attend and worshiped online with them.  Yup, singing and everything.  Our congregation is planning on opening up for assemblies next Sunday although they will be modified in order to reduce risks.  Half the alphabet will attend in the morning and half in the evening and continue online also for those not willing to take any risks with this virus.  I assumed I would be ready to go, until 'K' shared her misgivings.  She is still not feeling comfortable with all this.  I think most of her concern, although she doesn't say it, is with my risk level.  I am on the higher end of the risk spectrum that they list having multiple risk factors.  So I reconsidered with her concerns now out there.  We won't resume assembling until we are sure.  Most of the doubt is due to the many health issues/surgeries we have had over the last 7 years.  We don't want to go back to that by taking chances we don't need to.  No, I am not afraid of catching or even dying from this China flu.  But I don't have to take chances and cause concern for my bride.  So we will continue as before.  We will venture out more once they loosen the reigns but with masks and hand sanitizer readily available.

We kept the baby for 2 nights this past week.  It was pure joy for us.  She is such a delight, even when she is crabby it's still pretty good.  She rarely gets crabby unless she isn't feeling well and even then tries to be happy.  This is without a doubt the happiest baby I have ever been around.  She is very active and keeps us on our toes.  She is extremely attached to us, but 'K' is the object of her desires without a doubt.  I harbor no illusions on who her favorite is.  I reached over and held 'K's' hand while we were watching TV while the baby was next to her.  She saw it and didn't like that one bit.  I had to let go of her hand.  She is a possessive little thing when it come to her Nani.  In fact taking her home is an issue and she starts crying when we hand her over and trying to cling to us lol.  

Been catching up on some yard work and pulling semi dead hedges (wandering Rosemary).  Still a lot I need to do but we only work at it a short while.  I cut, 'K' bags, until my back starts aching.  I did see that our chimney (it's not a real one, wood enclosing a steel pipe) has a lot of mildew and algae.  I really need to get that cleaned up along with all the oak tassels in the valleys on the roof.  I hate getting on the roof more now than I ever have.  I am considering hiring someone to pressure wash the chimney.  I can't get washer up there for the back side.  But I also am considering using the garden sprayer with JoMax and bleach to see how that works.  Not sure it will be enough, but I will probably do that before I call someone.  I still have a hard time calling someone and paying for it to be done when I could have done that in years past.  I'm too stubborn still.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

At least there is good news on the horizon. And the grand's 'hold' over K is funny... No, we're too old to be getting on roofs anymore. Pay the man and be done with it! Lowes has some good cleaners that have bleach in them that hook to a hose. I've used them with pretty good success.