Friday, February 1, 2019

Finally Did It

After putting up with the arrogance and continued huge price hikes, we cut the cable TV cord.  I thought Time Warner, they were bought out by Spectrum, was terrible.  But at least you could get them to come up with a promotion to apply to your bill to get it lower for a year.  Spectrum just tells you, too bad.  Even threatening to cut them had no effect like it did with TW.  Over the past 2 years our bill has increased by $50+.  Yet there was no increase in services or added channels.  Not sure I would want any added channels since there are so many we never watch anyway.  Our channel line up lists over a 1000.  We can only access about a hundred after they removed some we had prior to the buyout.  They supply us with our internet still, but by cutting TV we will save 100$/mo.  We have a digital antenna and pick up about 30 stations along with Netflix.  We may add HULU or YouTube TV and we will still be spending considerably less than before.  There were a lot of folks leaving equipment with them when I went to return ours.  I hope they were cutting the cord too.  They weren't even interested in hearing why I was cutting them off.  Had they asked, they were have gotten an earful.  The thing I will miss the most is the DVR.  I record a lot of the shows I like to watch at a more convenient time.  

Son#2 and his wife sent us a photo with a sonogram photo of the new baby's face.  I can tell she is well fed with those cheeks.  She measured 8lbs. 11 oz at that point.  She is due today, but it doesn't appear she is ready yet.  So they did a few things to try and start the ball rolling to see if she will come on her own.  They are concerned due to her size as she will just get bigger every day until she gets here.  If she does not come on her own by Saturday evening they will go to the hospital to be induced Monday.  So we should have a new Grandbaby sometime late Monday at the latest.

On top of this the Car Dealer called and needs me to bring the Explorer in Friday evening to finish up the seat cover replacement early Saturday.  I said OK, forgetting the pending baby and also a funeral I can't miss on Saturday.  There are other things related to the funeral that will make that a huge part of the day timewise.  That and juggling the car and a possible baby is making K a little tense lol.

It's possible I may not get on here for a few days.  But I will post news of the baby as soon as I can.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Don't blame you! And that's a BIG baby!