Monday, February 25, 2019

New Week

At least that is how I am approaching it (this week).  I finally almost feel normal.  I know I said I was over my epizooti last week but I didn't realize how much it drained me.  I got tired very easily.  I attribute a lot of that to being so very immobile most of the time and it was catching up with me.  So I decided this week I will make a concerted effort to get moving and try to regain some of my energy.  Well, at least that is the plan.

February is a big month for my family and I.  There are numerous birthdays that we celebrate.  Mine, K's, Son#1, Granddaughters 1&2 and Grandson, there are a couple others we don't really celebrate.  Mine and K's are within a week of each other.  We usually don't make a big deal out of our birthdays, other than going out to eat, we rarely even get gifts for each other.  This year, I got her a small surprise gift and today I am sending her to a hairdresser to get her hair cut and styled and whatever else she wants.  She hasn't had that done in well over 2 years, usually just cutting it herself.  She hates spending the money on it.  I felt like she deserved to be a bit pampered and I recently noticed her hair is much longer than she has worn it in years.  It is as long as it was when we were dating.  Mid back long.  Later this evening I will take her out to a nice steak house and show her and her new haircut off.  That will be our combined birthday celebration.  Sunday we had Sons #1 & 2 with all the Grandkids over for cake and ice cream, it was mainly for the oldest Granddaughter's birthday (it's the same day as K's) but we turned it into a general celebration for all of us.

While she is out getting her locks beautified I will try to get the jungle in the back yard cut before the next round of rains come.  It looks terrible and I won't even try to use the weed eater this time, I need to get it started again and that is always a chore in itself the first time of the season.  It quit on me last fall and I wasn't able to use it the last couple times of grass cutting, so that part of the yard is even worse.  The weeds have taken over this year.  Well that ultra green winter grass.  I have always had a little, but this year it covers nearly the entire yard.  Not sure why this is happening.  It grows extremely fast and gets out of control long before I am ready to cut it.  Once the heat arrives it finally subsides.  That will be at least another month and a half.  Our flower beds and my garden also have a lot of that winter grass in it.  I am not even ready for gardening yet.  But planting tomatoes is just 2-3 weeks away.  I feel I am falling behind.

OK, I gotta get busy.

Happy Trails




1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Take your time, and one thing at a time. :-)