Thursday, February 28, 2019

Damper

The weather has certainly put a damper on things I planned to get done this week.  I did manage to get the jungle in back cut but the weeds will have to wait.  It is cold, windy and damp.  I don't like being out in that at all unless necessary.  I see nothing necessary this time.  Our weather here has been somewhat unusual for this part of Texas.  At least it seems that way to me.  While we have had very little freezing or frosty weather, it has remained colder than usual, (30's-40's) more often than I have a recollection of, along with considerable wetness.  It has made me a hermit for the most part.  While we have had several days over the last couple weeks where we have reached 80* temps, we haven't had the normal warming I remember.  However, there are Spring flowers blooming already.  We saw our first Bluebonnets this past Sunday and quite a few Mountain Laurels and Redbuds are in full bloom.  This seems extremely early.  Since we will have possible freezing temps the end of this week, they may become early casualties.  That will certainly delay the Spring wildflower season if they all get frozen.  

I will head out the the grocers today while K goes to spend time with our Daughter-in-law and the new Grandbaby.  They have shopping on the schedule so I passed on that.  Not much else happening around here, just two old boring folks trying to muddle through.

HappyTrails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yeah, we've had weird weather up here too. 24 last night, highs in the 30s...