Saturday, December 29, 2018

Buyer's Remorse

One of the things I dread most is now over.  Searching for and purchasing a new vehicle.  We spent ALL DAY Thursday at one car dealership.  We had an appointment to see a particular vehicle.  However as you might have guessed they didn't have it.  It sold the night before.  We opted not to go that day due to the rainy weather.  Even so, they had plenty of others of similar style but just the wrong color.  After driving several others we opted for one a little plusher than we had planned on.  We traded in my 14 year old Ranger.  I know I will miss having a pickup.  But a new pickup an option at all.  They are much more expensive than the route we took.  It has been 9 years since we shopped for cars so a lot has changed.  Mainly the prices, sheesh.  I have bought houses for considerably less.  And all the electronic features tend to boggle my mind and intimidates my bride.  We may never learn everything that it is capable of.  This keyless system is just weird to me and it  is taking some getting used to.  And, yes, I have buyer's remorse.  I was getting that before we even signed lol.  But that is very typical of me.

We spent that evening at Son#2's and had supper with his in-laws that come into town.  I hope to take #2 and his father-in-law to the range sometime today.  Burning powder is a good way to get to know each other and I haven't been in quite some time, so I know I am rusty.  I have been curious about a new indoor range near me and this will give us a chance to see what it is like.  Never have been to an indoor range.

Right now I am going to go out and sit in this new SUV and try to learn some of the toys it has.


Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Now days you literally have to RTFM to figure out everything... sigh... Shoot 'em good!