Thursday, December 27, 2018

Over Oh So Quickly

Christmas was here and gone.  With all the work we put into it this year, it was over much to soon.  I am like Clark Griswold of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Movie.  I want it to be perfect for everyone and I rarely can relax and enjoy it.  I try to make it good for everyone so I work at it, the wife as you might expect does so much more than I do.  This year was pretty good.  Especially since last year we weren't able to have it so soon after both our surgeries.  At least that is how I remember it.  They are all starting to run together now that I am older than dirt.  I saw some pictures from several years ago and over several christmases and I had forgotten so much of what I saw in the photos, and they are MY photos LOL.  

Anyway, we spent Christmas day at home, alone and quiet.  Due to other obligations to 'in-laws' the kids had other plans for Christmas day.  I don't like it much, but I have no say.  Neither of us ever imagined being completely alone on Christmas day when were were younger.  This isn't something new either.  It has been at least 6-7 years it has been this way.  Son #2's in-laws arrive sometime this afternoon from Phoenix.  So they will be occupied with them for the next few days.  Although we are to have supper with them Thursday evening.  His Father-in-law and I may go to the range while he is here as he likes to shoot.  We may also try to take in the Museum of the Pacific War in Fredericksburg sine we had planned to do so last year and my surgery killed that idea.  It depends on the plans the ladies have of course.  We will find that out when He and I try to make plans lol.

Spent today quietly too except for a trip to the post office and UPS.  Had to get the property taxes mailed along with a couple other items and a return of K's gift.  

Oh, almost forgot, our gift to our Granddaughter apparently was a huge hit.  She told me it was 'perfect.'  Evidently we can do something right occasionally.  When she was born, I was going to build her a 'hope chest.'  I assumed that would be good long term gift for a little girl and on into her older years.  It is if you are a carpenter.  I am not a carpenter, at all.  So this idea languished until now.  We found one that we thought would work very well.  I would add leather embellishments to personalize it.  So here are a couple pics:




The horse really means nothing other than her love affair with them.  She fell in love with one at a dude ranch a couple years ago.  Her Dad still hasn't gotten her one.  So what if they live where it's
to have one.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That was beautifully done! Congrats!