Wednesday, December 19, 2018

My Cousin Has Prostate Cancer.

More Prostate Cancer.  No, not me this time as far as I know.  I get checked again in January.  My Cousin, the one I am probably closest to as we pretty much grew up together, had surgery to remove his prostate yesterday.  He lucked out that he got the same surgeon I had.  He is supposed to be released today if there are no complications.  I had complications as far as pain control.  I got to stay an additional day.  His cancer was/is less aggressive than mine fortunately.  I spoke with him a couple days ago to see how he was holding up.  He said he was OK but was getting a little nervous.  I tried best I could to ease his concerns.  He already knew he had cancer so that worry should be less.  The surgery IMO was a snap and not to be worried about that and he had the best surgeon out there.  His main concern was whether it has spread or not.  He won't know that until he goes in for his follow up a week or so from now.  I told him worry about that is useless.  He can't change it by worry, just wait until you know something before you get all worked up.  I know, easier said than done, but it is possible if you have the proper Faith.  I told him that his cancer was less aggressive than mine and I am still OK.  That the outlook statistics are well in his favor.  If it has spread, you can still live a fairly long time and be productive.  He is well familiar with this scourge of men.  His Step-Father had it and passed away from it eventually, after many years.  His Step-Brother has had it.  I have had it and a friend at work has had it.  Hopefully he can draw on our experiences and gain some peace.  But the mind can play funny tricks on you.  As far as I'm concerned, my Faith sustains me.  I have the Peace that passes understanding.  I am blessed and more than grateful.  

We have been pretty much stay at home folks this last week of so.  I haven't been anywhere except to the church house and maybe a trip to the grocer.  Finishing up christmas shopping and waiting for packages to be delivered.  There is a rash of porch pirates pillaging shipments and christmas just adds to their booty.  See what I did there?  So we are paying attention to when packages will arrive and try to be home.  However one package was delivered and we received that notice but no package.  At least not where every package gets delivered to, out front porch.  I went to look and it was propped up on the mailbox post out at the street.  An open invitation to theft.  The notice even said it was handed to a person at our address.  I complained and hope that driver gets fired.  Evidently it happened at quite a few other addresses in my neck of the woods the same day.  Probably the same idiot.  It made the social media rounds here and quite a few contacted the carrier to complain.  I just hope they get this corrected.  

Son #2 got huge attaboy this weekend.  He surprised his bride big time.  He flew her in for their first baby shower this past weekend.  It was a huge gift to his bride.  It was great to see her and she and her husband will be back just after christmas.  She couldn't stay until that time due to work and her father is ailing.  There is a chance they may not make it at all if her father doesn't improve.  We will pray for the best.

All I got...Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Sad news, but glad they caught it and he did the right thing. Prayers...