Tuesday, November 27, 2018

The Pace is Picking Up

This will be a busy week as we head into the Christmas season.  I already have done some shopping...online of course.  I ain't going shopping in any store if I don't have to.  I have to work out a pattern for some leather work I plan I doing for the Granddaughter.  These will be accent pieces I plan to add to 'something.'  I can't reveal that just in case by some weird happenstance they (the people she lives with) read my blog.  Not likely but you never know.  So a lot of today will be going through my saved patterns and trying to come up with something, then actually laying out (drawing) the pattern and tweaking as needed.  Not sure that I will start putting it on leather or even cutting leather.  She and her little brother are supposed to come over tomorrow and help with the decorations for Christmas (her idea).  So I don't want something laying around that she might see accidentally.  

We also need to make a much needed run into town to get some groceries.  K also has another small 'show' at a Ladies Brunch she was invited to.  So there is some work she needs to do to prepare for that.  I have to drag out all the decorations from storage to be ready when the kids get here.  I will try to wrangle my Grandson into helping with hanging some minimal lights outside.  I know that there are a few other things I that need to do this week but can't remember them right now.  The problem with that is, I may not remember them later either LOL.

Yesterday I had planned on starting on some of these things, after we got back from waiting with a friend at a hospital in another town.  His wife was having a procedure on her heart and it took almost the entire day.  That pretty much kept us from anything else.  I did make a quick run to the meat market I like that is there in that town for some dried beef sticks.  I love those things.  They are a great snack between meals and keep me from snacking on something that has way too many carbs.  They aren't very expensive, 1.99$ for one, I get a dozen.  I have to be careful, I can eat those non stop so I try to ration to make them last.  

We are trying our best to avoid the a hospital stay this December as we have, it seems, almost every other December for the last few years.  It has become somewhat of a running joke between us.  But believe me, K gets a little more nervous now when she has a small intestinal issue.  That is totally understandable considering.  I just try to support her and be a voice of calm.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

I'm going minimalist with both presents and decorations this year... sigh... HEre's hoping NONE of us end up in the hospital this year...