Thursday, November 1, 2018

October Surprise(s)

I generally refrain from commenting/posting about what goes on with politics etc. but I have ventured there on occasion.  This is one of those occasions.  

Living where I do we are affected by what goes on with immigration and the border situation more than most other cities of any real size except maybe San Diego that is right on the border.  We are roughly 175 miles give or take from a very long border.  We are the first big city North of the border with Mexico (in Texas), so we get our share of news from there.  Our area is greatly influenced by the closeness to the border and also since we were part of Mexico at one time.  The population is decidedly blue in regard to politics.  This is just a some general background info to give you an idea of why I pay attention to what is going on South of us but especially with the 'caravan' (or whatever you want to call it) that is heading for our border.  I call it an invasion.

If this caravan heads this way, I have no doubt, if they get across, most of them will arrive at our city expecting handouts or whatever else is in their heads.  I know that there are militia groups poised at the border.  They are there almost continually 'helping' the Border Patrol with reports.  Yes, I know this doesn't make the regular news but it is a fact.  They are planning on bolstering their forces the closer this caravan gets to the border.  Then there are our own US military forces that are there.  The National Guard ist already there and has been and will get larger too.  I don't see good coming from any of this.  Those that have organized this (yes, someone is behind this, it's not a random thing at all) seem to not care what will happen.  Well, yes they do.  They want it to be a disaster only to gain from it politically.  Someone needs to be held accountable.  Let's get the FBI to investigate this.  Oh wait, never mind.

Then there is this nut job that has sent bombs via mail to almost every prominent left wing political figure.  I ain't buying it that this isn't something that was also more organized.  I don't remember how many of these mail bombs were sent, there were a bunch.  All the news readers have been wondering what the motive behind this is and a lot of folks, not just news readers, but every sort of person is blaming the hateful rhetoric of the right, especially President Trump.  One question no one seems to have asked is....with so many bombs being mailed, why did none detonate?  Don't misunderstand me, no way no how would I want that to happen to anyone.  However, was this guy that inept that he really didn't send workable bombs?  To me this points to another political scheme to cause mayhem to make others look bad.  It makes no sense.  Look at his background.

You have heard of the October surprise in election years?  I think we are having orchestrated surprises at an accelerated rate.  The sad thing is, that people's lives are at stake with these events.  I hope I am wrong, I pray I am wrong.  Evil exists though, and I believe man has a huge capacity for evil.  

May the Lord have mercy on our country.  

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

You're right, the 'organizers' will never be held responsible, even if people die... dammit.