Friday, November 16, 2018

Aggravation and Fried Green Tomatoes

The wife and I are applying for our SSI this month.  Well, we are trying.  I have gotten mine done online.  The wife is trying too.  However, every time she tries to login, there is some sort of issue and it doesn't recognize the login info.  EVERY TIME.  Then she is suspended for 24 hours.  I managed to get in for her once a few days ago and updated her pw so we would have it correct the next time.  She wrote it down.  Today, same problem.  She can't get in and we are locked out, again.  Her application is almost complete, she had one question she needed answered.  The wait is 1.5 hours, well that is what the robot voice tells her.  I would assume they will answer that question but someone else will need to fix her account so she can get in.  Frustrating and aggravating.

We are headed over to a friends from church to take them a plant and a card, one of their relative passed away.  We also did that yesterday.  (We will do this once she gets off the phone with the SSI folks.)  I feel bad for them and hope we can bring at least a smile to them in this trying time.  

My tomato plants are a wilted dead mess due to the very early freeze we just had.  I pulled all the green tomatoes off and hope we can get some of them to ripen inside.  I took a bag of them to a friend that really likes fried green tomatoes.  I am hoping to fix some soon too.  Maybe that is the answer as opposed to waiting for them all to ripen in several weeks.  They take up a lot of room since I have around 80 or so.  I only tried them once a very long time ago and messed them up.  I know more about cooking now so maybe I get it right this time.  That friend did clue me in on how they do it.  Not really any different than I thought I should do.  So we will see how this goes.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good luck with both the tomatoes and SSI... sigh