Sunday, September 9, 2018

When It Rains....

Everyone should know that rest of that old saying, 'when it rains, it pours'.  We have been getting more than our share, way more.  Sunday morning before we left for the church house, I had already recorded 6" of rain.  That's on top of what we had last weekend.  Plus it has been quite damp all week, so everything is very soggy.  And so humid it is hard to do anything outside.

The worst part is we now have a leak that actual drips enough for us to put a bucket under.  So we were late to church trying to clean up and catch the rest.  It is just over a window that is between two roof valleys, plus a small stain in the ceiling above.  I suspect all this rain has played havoc with those valleys as water has been very heavy running off the roof from those valleys.  I can't really do anything about it right now, even with all the suggestions I got.  If it is in one of the valleys and has migrated under shingles putting 'that tarp with bricks' won't stop that at all.  Not to mention I am just not able at this point to even crawl up there and look, not that I even know what to look for.    I think I am going to just wait and see how the leak is when all this heavy rain is over and if just regular rain causes a leak.  I hope we can hold off with replacing a roof for a few more months since it will be totally out of my pocket with no help from insurance.  Or maybe just get a handyman that specializes in roofs to make a repair without replacing the whole thing.

One of our friends offered her husband to come fix it since he is very very handy.  While I really appreciate that and know him well enough I know he would do it, even without his wife checking with him first.  That always makes me laugh.  I can't imagine offering for my wife to commit to something without asking her first.  But you would have to know these folks.  They help others out all the time and are just some of the greatest folks I have known.  We are more than blessed to know them pretty well.  They saved 3 very young kids form a very terrible home situation that included drug abuse and abuse of the kids.  They adopted them warts and all.  They are amazing with those kids.  The kids have responded well to them and are moving on from all the things that troubled them.  God will have a special place in heaven for them.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

There are good people out there. :-)

Randy said...

Oh yes there are, and I try to make those types my true friends. we have been blessed more than we deserve