Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Ugh

I have got to get to a dentist today.  I have an appointment at 1:30 to get evaluated, I just hope he can give me some relief.  It seems I may have a cracked tooth(only a guess) and the pain it is causing is almost more than I can bear.  This has been going on for several days.  There wasn't anything I could do over the weekend so Monday phone calls were made and was able to find a dentist that could see me Tuesday.  I even had my back treatments shortened as I can't deal with both at the same time as I found out Monday.  I had no patience to undergo that again today.  Until this thing is fixed I am just not myself.  Back pain and tooth pain.  What a combo.  So far only ibuprofen has had any effect on the pain, but not near enough.  Then I bump it with my tongue or chew wrong (I am not eating much) and it sends me through the roof.  It takes quite a while for it to settle down.  I guess it's never pain from the nerve being exposed, I don't know, I just know it is some of the worst pain ever.

Later

OK so I'm back from the dentist, yes, a tooth is fractured and below the gum line.  The only option is extraction.  Let's do it, now.  Nope gotta wait until tomorrow morning at 8 AM, at least I should be first.  I will be so glad when all this pain is gone.  And, we have may found us a regular dentist.  Not sure I want to give up the dental school and how cheap they are comparatively.  I guess we will now look into dental insurance as things keep piling up on us.  The plan would be to either get a bridge or an implant to replace that tooth it seems.  I am pretty certain an implant is waaaay to much from what I hear others say they have paid per tooth.  If I remember correctly around 5k.  Not gonna happen at this point.  OK, I gotta go take some pain meds.


Happy Trails

3 comments:

mbumgua said...

Good Luck with the tooth extraction!!

Old NFO said...

Glad you're getting it taken care of. Tooth pain is about as bad as it gets, and an abscess can kill you.

Randy said...

mbumgua-thank you

Old NFO-I thought my back was bad, but this....