Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Day Off

It may sound funny coming from someone that is retired, but I have today off.  From my back treatment.  I have spent 2-2.5 hours a day for 3-4 days a week, it puts a hamper on the normal things I do.  Hence the feeling of having a day off.  I am not at all sure if this is working, this is a long process and time will tell.  Maybe as much as 6 months afterward.  I just need to be diligent with the exercises they give me and not do anything stupid and damage the progress.  I am trying something new to help with the pain/inflammation.  They have recommended Omega-3, megadoses, as an anti-inflammatory.  We are talking 2-3K units per day.  Giant horse pills I can barely get down they are so stinking big.  I don't really know anything about this but getting away from constant use of Ibuprofen can only be a good thing IMO.

The rain has abated a little, we experience mostly just short showers and some mist most of the day(s).  There is a tropical depression about to enter the Gulf of Mexico and will hit the Texas coast in a few days.  This could bring much more rain than we have already have had.  As of this morning (Wednesday) we have had a total of 19.3 inches of rain since 6:30 PM Labor Day in my gauge.  We could get that much and more falling in just a day or two, depending on how things go with this storm.  It could get really ugly, but little need for evacuation except maybe low lying coastal areas.  It will be nothing like Harvey of last September thankfully.  We have already cancelled a get together for Saturday at a park.

As for my leaking roof: I came home from treatment on Monday to find two friends from church getting ready to crawl into my attic and up on the roof.  They don't think I have any bad spots in the roof that caused the leak.  They did find one of the valleys, near the leak, had become blocked with a significant amount of leaves and sticks.  They could see where the water had backed up behind that 'dam.'  Sound like that was the issue and water had backed up under the shingles.  I believe that is a correct diagnosis as we have had no more leakage since they cleared it off.  They came and did this as they had heard about this from another person we just mentioned it to.  I am indebted and thankful for these men/folks.  I just wasn't able to get up on my roof with my back all jacked up and they knew this and became our angels.  Oh, and I couldn't see this 'dam' of tree debris from the ground, you had to get up there to see it.

So, being off today, we will attempt to run a few errands that have stacked up over the last couple weeks.  The most pressing is the grocery store as we are out of many things, the most critical being coffee.  I just gotta have my coffee, the day just would be right starting off early without it.

Yeah, I know, not a lot of anything but health issues and rain these last few posts.  I apologize for that.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Don't apologize! It's your blog, you're free to post what you will! Glad the roof issue wasn't major too!