Sunday, September 23, 2018

Relief-Anxious to Get Moving

Well that broken tooth is history.  Now I have this gaping hope in my mouth and my tongue tells me this really feels peculiar.  I will have to get that taken care of, but I will wait a while before I do.  The pain, after the local anesthesia wore off.....I had no idea the pain would be that bad.  I have had a couple wisdom teeth removed before and they caused me no issues, they were virtually painless.  I expected much the same.  Silly boy.  I had no idea.  It broke completely off leaving just the two roots.  The dentist struggled to get the two roots out and even quit for a bit then came back at it again.  Finally after an hour of fighting it he got it out.  He did tell me that sometimes they will leave small bits of the roots in there when it proves to stubborn.  He said he was more stubborn and it finally gave way.  I hope this never happens again.  But I will be shopping for dental insurance in order to get some help with the future bridge or implant.

Evidently with all the new rules regarding pain relievers he was unwilling to prescribe the usual vicodin or some such.  I thought that the ibuprofen/tylenol combo would handle most of it.  Silly boy.  Wouldn't even touch the pain.  Fortunately some leftover pain relievers from my recent surgery were still good and those helped me get through the worst of the pain.  

With all the current back treatments and tooth issues I have really fallen behind on a few things around here.  I need to get the grass cut in the worst way since all the rain has put it into high gear.  My garage is a disaster area since I haven't felt much like getting things put away like they should be.  I also have some leather projects that need attention and have a due date.  But pounding away with a mallet wasn't very appealing with a painful tooth.  Now I am anxious to get things done but I need to be careful I don't get to crazy and undo some of the progress made on my back.  I am chomping at the bit to get things done.  I have a very long list and these are just two of the things I feel a real need to get done.  Even being retired I seem to fun out of time for things on my list.  Why is that?  Puzzling.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad the tooth is gone! And yeah, retired is NOT all free time! :-)