Thursday, August 30, 2018

MMM Donuts and Slowing Time Down

It's been two weeks of treatments on my disc decompression.  I am optimistic, as I think I can feel some improvement.  I have some difficulty getting around right after each treatment, especially this last week, but after a couple hours and ice I feel better than I did before I went in.  I have around a dozen or so more treatments that will end October 4.  I want to be aggressive with this hoping to get the most benefit I can, but they are moving a little more cautiously, so I will trust their judgement more than mine lol.  

I stopped in to bring the Doc's office some donuts since they have been so very nice to me.  A couple dozen Krispy Kreme's.  It was hard to resist the free one they offered when I came in, but I did.  They gave me an extra half dozen free since I was taking them to the 'office' and it was in honor of an NBA basketball player here in San Antonio that just retired.  They were chocolate covered and filled with his jersey number on them.  Those went home with me for the wife.  Yes, I did have one, just one, later.  There are still 4 in the box calling my name, but I will persevere and resist the temptation.  That is the first donut I have had in almost 15 years.  

Not a lot going on here with us both undergoing treatments.  However we will have the boys and their families and my parents out on Labor Day for BBQ'd chicken wings and sausage and whatever else K thinks up to go with it.  We will have it early so Mom and Dad will feel like they can stay a little longer instead of hurrying off after an hour and a half.  We haven't been altogether as a family for quite some time.  I can't really even remember a time other than last October for Son#2 and his new bride's reception.  It's just been too long and life just gets in our way even more as they get busier and busier.  Soon the two oldest Grands will be getting too old to stay at the Grandparents.  I don't know when that is but our oldest will be 11 next year.  I don't remember doing that much past that age.  

Time creeps on much faster than I prefer and leaves me shaking my head sometimes.  Our Daughter-in-law 2.0 (the one that's pregnant) posted a photo on the book of faces of her 18th week of pregnancy.  Half way through.  We last saw her at less than 6 weeks.  It was hard to believe we hadn't seen them for that long.  I wish I could slow time down but it is what it is.  

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

The older we get, the faster time moves... sigh