Friday, August 10, 2018

Dental School for the Rib

So K is heading over to the dental school today to have some molds made of her mouth/teeth.  She will be getting a new crown made.  The previous one seems to have been made poorly and has caused problems with the tooth underneath.  It seems our previous dentist we had trusted so much made a poorly fitting one and now she is paying for it, literally.  A 3rd year dental student found this, well along with the faculty adviser.  It will be expensive but not near as much as going with someone else.  Glad we were able to get into this school.  It's the University of Texas Dental school and it is hard to get in.  We got lucky.

Our local power company is coming out today to install a new thermostat.  It is one of those smart thermostats.  Nest is the brand and I will be able to control it with my smartphone.  I am not real sure what all it does at this point.  Son#1 has one and told me a little.  After a while, he just switched it to manual since it was 'too smart' as he described it.  They are replacing one they had installed a couple years ago.  I had opted into a program that let them control my thermostat during peak periods.  It was supposed to save me money, that is why I did it.  You could still override it and I did on occasion when it get warm enough to be uncomfortable.  Many times we didn't notice the changes.  They are doing away with that program and they will no longer have that control (which I am glad of) and they are replacing it with this Nest at no cost.  Those things run around 250$.  I am curious to see how this will work out.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Those things 'can' save you money if you set up the programming correctly.