Monday, August 6, 2018

Thank You

I seem to feeling somewhat better this week, thank you for your wishes and concern.  

We have been dealing with Verizon the last week.  It seems that the wife's phone is using our limited data much faster than we have ever experienced.  I believe the 'new refurbished' phone she got to replace her other refurbished phone that replaced her original smart phone when it malfunctioned is malfunctioning.  No one seems to be able to figure out how she is going through almost 2 G's of data in less than 2 weeks when we never went over before, even when we had just 500 MB.  I'm not technically as challenged as the wife having been around pc's and such for the last 20 years.  I can make things work on my own most every time.  This time, it's got me flummoxed.  

She does not use any apps other than text messages and they are almost all turned off.  Yet somehow the datahub shows most of the data used is web traffic and it is almost solely her phone.  She never even checks email much less surf the interwebs.  I do, everyday, but not a lot, and my datahub shows very little data use.  

So I sit here waiting for a 9:00 AM phone call from their tech support, at 9:35 AM.  They had me reset the data again and added another couple G data so we wouldn't run over with 3 weeks left in our cycle.  They also had me restart (reboot) her phone.  They will then look and see what data has been consumed over the past 2.5 days and see what is going on and if they have a solution.  We also kept track of her useage and she has made 5 texts conversations and 5 phone calls, just normal usage for her.  I have looked at her useage got that same time and there has been minimal data usage.  If my guess is right, the 'rebooting' may have taken care of the issue.  But I still have questions.  My bill is suddenly lower by 40$ for 2 months running (the time we have had data issues), and they added 2 additional gigs (for free for this issue only) but those G's would normally cost 50$.  A subtle way of getting us to upgrade our service plan?  They also said we could buy a new phone (at 900$ for one comparable LOL), another ploy?  Maybe I am being paranoid, but 2 local service reps couldn't figure it out and it has taken 2 tech support calls and still waiting on this third one.  

Maybe I will move her back to her old flip phone we still have. 

No comments: