Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Seeking Relief

Tuesday I had an appointment with a new Chiropractor.  The issues I have had with my various aches and pains in my back/neck were starting to get a little more intense.  I decided I didn't want the pain to get out of hand and try to stay on top of it.  I hope to avoid surgery completely or at least hold it off a long time.  He says he can help but only surgery will fix it.  I have no real confidence in surgery as I have seen way too many surgeries on backs/necks be less than successful and even worse.  I know of very few that have had a completely satisfactory result of back surgery.  

He wants me to have an MRI in order to tell more about my issues.  I am a little balky about that.  I don't want another 500$ bill if I can avoid it at all.  The MRI place is supposed to call me with the amount that I will be responsible for.  I hope to pay nothing which I doubt is possible, but I told the doc, I won't pay for it.  We will see what happens in that regard.  It is scheduled for Friday afternoon.
I hope to make these visits to the Chiropractor a regular event to keep things in line better and avoid getting to the point they are now.  I just can't sleep well as the pain builds up over night without Motrin, and it only works for a while.  The best thing about this is that I know the Doc personally so I know I will get the straight skinny.

Have been dealing with some emotional family issues recently that was freaking K out a bit.  It had the potential to be very devastating to very close family and us.  As it turns out, things went well and there is a sense of relief.  I managed to keep my cool much better than I have been able in the past.  So that helped the situation.  I have a new perspective about this and will work with that.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Hopefully the MRI will be covered.