Saturday, April 7, 2018

Weather Related?

The weather here, sheesh.  A cold front blew in last night, and I mean a COLD front.  The wind is kicking up to about 25 mph and the temps have fallen from the mid 80's yesterday to currently 48.  With that wind it gets uncomfortable to walk around my garden in my usual shorts.  It is downright cold.  I had started feeling some significant discomfort in my back yesterday and the wife says 'there is a cold front coming.'  That is her standby for every ailment that comes along, or so it seems.  My body never seems to correspond to the weather like she seems to think.  But I have no explanation for these new aches in new places.  I did nothing unusual to bring on these aches but at my age it could be anything.  The pain got me out of bed earlier than I wanted and the stiffness on rising was significant.  My usual stretching was torture.  Motrin became and immediate need.  

We both had plans for today.  She was supposed to go with a friend to help her at a show in Wimberly to repay a similar favor.  I was going over to the church house for a work day.  Her plans got cancelled and I was just too stove up to go to the work day.  I would have paid the price even more later.  I am not so sure she isn't right about the weather thing, this time.  

This coming week K will have an MRI her gastro doc wanted her to have.  Then a scoping in May.  He wants to see if there is or isn't something else that can be done to prevent any similar issue that required her emergency surgery in December.  This all comes on the recommendation of the surgeon who had his hands all up inside this area.  He couldn't determine what caused her gut to explode.  He thought it best to have this GI doc take a look.  Whatever it takes to keep her healthy.

My little fur buddy, Buster, is really starting to show his age.  We have taken him off his regular food, a diet type that kept his weight down.  But it appears to me he wasn't getting the proper nutrients since his fur has become very frizzy and dull.  So we are trying something else which can be a chore since he is so picky about food.  We found one right off that he likes very well.  Now to see if it helps him out and we can keep his weight down.  He definitely has weather related issues.




Keeping his weight down is critical since the heavier he gets the harder it is for him to get around and less energetic.  Although at almost 14, I'm not sure the food is everything that we need.  We had been having trouble finding this new food as the place we got it at was out for 3 weeks.  So we looked around online and found another pet place that carried it and had it in stock.  This place specializes in all natural foods etc.  After getting some info from us, they had some suggestions about things we could try.  Hemp Oil and Hemp snacks.  They gave us a couple samples of the snacks.  The jury is still out there, he is very cautious about new snacks.  I guess he thinks we are going to poison him lol.  I need to research this Hemp thing more.  It isn't cheap.  The oil is about 35$ a pop and lasts about 2 weeks.  I can't really afford to add a 70$/mo+ to our current budget.  Maybe I could keep some on hand for occasional use.  It's supposed to help with some of his issues.  One they mentioned was anxiety, I laughed and said 'Well it should, it's Hemp,' they smiled politely is all I got and explanation it didn't have 'those' things in it.  Well OK.  So I don't know if all this natural or holistic thing is a scam or the real deal.  I just want my old friend to feel better.

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, the weather DOES drive my bad back issues... sigh... And good luck on the pup!