Thursday, April 26, 2018

Falling Behind

I continue to get better from the Epizooti that has taken up residence inside me.  The main issue right now is the coughing has increased as my body tries to expel this plague.  I think I will wait at least another day before I try to tackle the badly need yard work in the jungle of my yard.  The dust/pollen will play havoc with me at this point.

I still am itching to try out the new smoker/grill yet I need to make a trip to pick up the appropriate beef parts to try out.  Sheesh I am just falling behinder everyday.  The house is a wreck and just filthy as we haven't been up to being able to keep up with things for the last few weeks.  Amazing how fast things can get away from you.  I feel a bit overwhelmed with so much on my plate.  It may not sound like much here but I don't list everything.  That's my story anyway.

We took my little fur buddy Buster, to the groomer today.  We have been trying to get him for his summer cut and he just flat out stunk.  He rarely gets stinky but this time, whew.  He got into something sour smelling and we can't figure out what it is.  Neither of us was well enough to give him a much needed bath.  If he was an outside dog, no problem.  But he is right with us ALL the time.  He is more like a piece of velcro stuck to my leg as I wander around the house.  


A photo of Buster from earlier days.

Todays results



We were going to try a new groomer much closer to us but they wouldn't take a dog over ten years old if they hadn't seen him before.  They have only been there a few months so they probably haven't seen ANY dogs over ten years old.  They say the liability is too much.  He is going fourteen.  I guess there is a lot of stress on them and the older they are the harder it is on them.  I know he was pretty nervous when we dropped him off.  His back legs were trembling.  Things like this never upset him before.  Now that he is older we try to be more mindful of the things that cause issues for him.  Who knows, maybe the groomer is something we will do without if he is that nervous.  But once I got him home an on familiar territory he immediately started licking himself.  I flip him over to check him out and he got clipped, in the worst place.  Not bleeding anymore but he is very raw.  He had very long hair and I know it is hard to see those 'parts' on a male dog but geez.  I applied some Neosporin and it seems to be relieved of pain, not licking anymore.   I am not as happy as when we picked him up.  We have our own clippers but they just don't get the job done like we need it to be done.  His aging is really starting to show in his physical abilities.  

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad things are looking up, and glad the pup is shorn for the summer (and probably much better smelling).