Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Finally

Well, thankfully I was wrong about the Doc not being able to help me.  He told me that he knew I must be really sick because I never come see him when I am sick, which is true.  I don't usually stay sick long enough to get in to see him anyway.  He gave me a few meds, antibiotic and steroids and a shot in the butt.  I felt so much better by last evening when I had been crashing.  This morning is even better.  I still have several days of meds to complete so I won't do anything to aggravate whatever this is, like doing badly needed yard work and breathing in the tons of pollen and dust.  The wife even offered to cut the grass if I showed her how to work the mower.  That has never happened, not even once.  That is how bad the yard needs attention and she has never been a nag about how it looks and leaves me alone to do my own thing.  She is such a blessing to me.

I am itching to get the new smoker/pit fired up with brisket on the grill.  I am anxious to repay some kindnesses shown to us from our recent surgeries that were done for us.  They are way overdue.  But I want to test if first and I will BBQ one and have the kids over first.  Yes, this will include the Daughter-in-law that is broken, she doesn't like beef.  I may cook her a chicken.  I got some heat resistant insulation for around the lid that seemed to allow too much smoke out during the seasoning of the pit.  I also got a cover for it.  Just need to make a run to the store and get the beef and more charcoal.  Yes, I use some commercial charcoal along with my oak wood.  I get a more consistent fire that way.  The heat is easier to control also.  I also bought some of the rub from Cooper's BBQ in Llano we ate at a few weeks ago.  Not sure at all about this rub, it is very different but I like their BBQ so I will try this out also.  It is saltier than any I have ever eaten and has more black pepper in it and what I think is garlic powder.  No 'reddish' color that I am used to using.  We will see.

Happy Trails

No comments: