Thursday, April 19, 2018

And Again

I am down sick with another infection in my head and throat.  This makes at least the 5th one since September and 3 since my surgery.  I have never been sick this many times in one year much less few months.  I rarely have more than one illness a year.  This is on top of me trying to stay away from sick people and doing even more washing of hands and using hand sanitizer.  I carry sanitizer in my pocket when we go out and use it regularly.  I haven't even been around my Grandkids to get any bugs from like kids are so prone to carry.  I feel like crap and I don't want to do anything.

A friend of mine's father lives and works on his own ranch just outside Uvalde.  About 2 weeks ago he was attacked by what I assume were killer bees while working in some brush.  He managed to call his son and his son contacted the EMS and directed them to where he was over the phone.  They saved his life, but they still had to airlift him to a hospital in San Antonio.  They kept him in an induced coma for a couple days until the poison was gone.  Now he is battling for his life with an infection in his arm caused by the IV while in the hospital.  He is supposed to have surgery today to remove the infection to save his arm and possibly his life.  Your prayers are requested.

I am sorry to hear about the passing of Barbara Bush.  I always admired her candor.  President HW Bush has been in ill health for some time also.  I worry about his reaction to this.  I saw how the passing of my Grandmother affected my Grandfather.  We lost him one month later.

All I can muster feeling this bad.  

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Thoughts and prayers sent.