Friday, December 22, 2017

Thursday

Thursday most all of the last few Christmas gifts I ordered arrived.  There are still 2 that have not shipped and they don't even know when that will happen.  Nothing I can do about that now.  Sparse with the gifts this year.  Too many things got in the way.  I hope no feelings will be hurt.  The Grandkids were the top priority, it would be harder for them to understand.

On a trip out to the mailbox I noticed the birds were a little noisy and seemed upset.  Then I saw this bad boy.


He wasn't a bit worried about my presence.  I think it is the Red Tailed Hawk.  Not sure though.  You never know what you might see around here.  But not as much as we did when we first moved here 30 years ago.  It was out in the country then.  Now, not even close.  Our piece of heaven has gotten crowded.

K hasn't been out of the house except for one trip to the doctor, and that was uncomfortable for her.  All the bouncing on the road hurt.  So we tried a little trip around the are just to look at the lights everyone has up for the season.  There are quite a few and some very good.  Then there was this guy:




This house is on a corner and both front and back yards are covered in various displays of lights and all sorts of things.  It's just crazy and way too much for my tastes.  I'm sure it must take weeks to get all this up and then his electric bill must double for the month.  He must enjoy it immensely to put in so much work.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, some people go 'nuts' this time of year... And don't feel bad, I have presents that wont deliver till 29th... sigh