Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Quiet

K and I spent a quiet Christmas day together.  No place we had to be and no one to see.  Well, we usually see my parents, but they are both under the weather and with K still recovering we just couldn't take the chance to expose her to even the mildest cold or whatever they have.  It was disappointing for us and I am sure for my Mom.  It was very quiet, which was good.  My surgery sights were a bit more sore than usual.  I think forgetfully lifting my 9 year old Granddaughter when I saw her Christmas eve may have been a bad choice.  No, nothing serious, just a little sore, a good reminder that I still haven't healed completely and be more aware of doing something else stupid.  Not the way I would have preferred spending Christmas day, but when the family expands you have to give up time to the in-laws.

Today we take K over to see the FNP in our primary care physicians office.  They sent her a letter after her surgery to make an appointment to follow up on her surgery.  I had never seen something like this before.  They had not been involved at all in her surgery/hospitalization since we had gone to the ER and she was admitted by the docs there.  They evidently got the reports as they usually do but this is a bit different.  Maybe they are just seeing $$ signs, I don't know.  I would like to think they are being proactive and truly are caring.  Yeah.

K is doing better and better.  We managed to attend worship services Sunday.  Just the main service not class or evening service as we usually do.  She tires to easily we didn't want to overdo it.  I was allowed to address the congregation at my request.  I felt the need to publicly address them to thank them all for what they have done for us.  I am not in any form a public speaker, but managed to get through it without to much stumbling around.  I would like to have been able to thank each and everyone individually, but we don't know who did what.  Much was done anonymously, so the public address was really my only true choice.  I hope they could sense that I was sincere in the things I said.  We have been blessed more than we deserve and are very grateful.

The rest of this week we also have no standing plans.  Son #2 will have his in-laws here from Arizona and I had hoped to take his father-in-law to the Pacific War Museum in Fredericksburg, Texas.  I don't think I'm going to make it.  I would have to leave K at home for most of the day and I just don't feel comfortable with that at this point in her recovery.  Plus I know my stamina is not at all where it should be and I would give out much too soon to see what we need to see.  I will try to get Son #2 to take him up there and the ladies can shop around town.   

Hope you all had a great Christmas, Happy Trails.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That's good news, and yes, random lifting of stuff is not good!!!