Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Finally

K is finally starting to have some significant improvement.  She is getting up and around more and even trying to do a few minor chores.  She wrapped some gifts yesterday and even baked a pie.  We visit her surgeon today to get the staples removed.  I don't know how many there are but it seems like a lot.  I am sure that won't be much fun at all.  At this point it is just about taking one day at a time.  I am even getting used to all the extra chores that I have taken on and established a bit of a routine to keep up with them.  I am thinking that with her continued improvement we can head back to church for the first time in 4 weekends.  I have a lot of folks I want to thank personally.

My surgeon released me from care yesterday.  Everything seems to be on the mend just fine.  It actually may be ahead of schedule.  Not having anytime to sit and take it easy to recover, I had to push myself to be there for K.  It could be difficult at times but I truly believed it got me over the hump much quicker.  No, I wouldn't recommend my method lol.

It amazes me from the few things I hear on the news about the tax cut bill and all the hand wringing and worry about it.  It appears the media has done a great job scaring a large section of the population that a tax cut is a bad thing.  I expect that from the congress critters to not want to give you back some of your money, but what does it serve the media to take that path?  Do they think it will help those they want in power?  I'm sure that is it, but I can't grasp the details of how that would work with my mind being so preoccupied lately.  

Happy Trails


2 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

My goodness you and your wife have been through a lot. Ever so much more than I, but there you were giving me a cyber hug.

Please know that I'm glad both of you are on the mend and just in time for Christmas!

Here is hoping you both have a very good year in 2018

Old NFO said...

That's great news on both counts!