Saturday, September 9, 2017

Trying To Stay Busy

Not really trying that hard, it just seems that there is something to do everywhere I look.  `Which is pretty much the case everyday anyway.  However there is a bit of sense of urgency at this time. 
Son#2 and his new bride will be returning to Texas in October.  Since they didn't have the various showers etc. that go with a planned wedding, we will host a family reception for them at our home.
Yes, this will be only family, we can't host something really big due to size.  About twenty five folks should be here.  That has spurred me into action to get some of the small projects out of the way, like painting the hallway.  It was pretty nasty and I got that done and out of the way.  Also, we got a counter top microwave to replace the over the counter microwave that died way too early for what we paid for it.  So when you walk into our kitchen we have two microwaves sitting there.  The new one is much smaller (and cheaper by about 1/2), but takes up much needed counter space.  It also blows the breaker when we have the toaster and coffeemaker going at the same time.  The wife came up with the idea to put a shelf in the spot where the old microwave sits and place the new one up there. 
This would also allow us to use the dedicated circuit avoiding blown breakers.  That is now down, after trying to figure out the stupid measurements.  It's not perfect, but with a few decorative tweaks it will work.  Fitting something smaller into a hole that is designed for something bigger was a little harder than I anticipated.  There is more, much more, including major cleaning where two slobs live and a ton of yard work just for starters.  

I am hurting from trying to move all the sandbags.  Several had become soaked from the rain and break open when I try to lift them.  Not to mention they are much heavier when wet and my back is paying the price.  I still have about 6 or so to move and that will have to be done by shovel since they are a mess also.  They have been there too long, but I knew they would be a problem for me and my stupid back so I put it off.  

We heard from Son #2 this past week.  It seems their plans are probably changing by the day.  Since his bride is a teacher she has a contract through the end of the year.  He would be traveling back and forth throughout the year between here and there.  Once she was done the plan was to move here. 
However, it seems she wants to move here within the month.  There is a lot more to this and other things going on and we wonder what the next idea/change will be.  It goes with everything else that has gone on with this romance.  We of course are excited they would be here much sooner than planned, but we hope they have thought this through thoroughly before acting.  I am keeping my mouth shut and going with whatever they decide.  It will work out regardless.

Today I am heading north to see a college football game.  Something I loved to do a long time ago.  It will be a challenge for me but I am looking forward to it and try to make the best I can of it.  The weather should be perfect and the seats good, and even better, I won't have to drive in that mess.  I wasn't going if I had to drive.  

Happy Trails 

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Improvise, adapt, and overcome! :-) enjoy the game too!