Monday, September 18, 2017

New Toy

A while back I picked up a cheap little dash cam.  I had been watching you tube and several videos of folks with these things appeared.  For some reason there are a lot of them from Russia.  From what I gather, after watching a bunch of those, you probably need one if you drive there.  They are crazy drivers and no one would believe your story if you didn't have a dash cam to prove it.

I don't use it very often if at all, however I did get a few hours of video on our way out to Arizona at the end of last month.  No, no Russian drivers made their appearance thankfully.  Actually it was very uneventful driving.  I did capture part of an area I would have liked to stop at for a few minutes and get some photos.  It is somewhere east of Tuscon, Texas Canyon.  No idea why it's named that.  It has a lot of big boulders all tumbled around.  It is pretty impressive as far as big rocks go.  

So here is the video of that part of our trip.  It will give you an idea what a very cheap dash cam looks like and a view of part of the canyon.  It was overcast so the colors don't really stand out and I only have the straight ahead highway view, but maybe you can get an idea of why I thought it was pretty cool.  

Skip to the 1 minute mark to get to the start of the canyon.



Happy Trails


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Nice! I really need to get one of those...

Harry Flashman said...

I've seen those at Walmart and thought about buying one. They only want thirty bucks or so for them. Looks like fun.