Thursday, September 28, 2017

More Prodding and Poking

Back on the 11th I went in for my yearly physical.  For the most part things were better than usual as far as my diabetes numbers were concerned.  That was actually great news.  The change in meds and more exercise was/is paying off.  While there I mentioned a few minor issues that I wanted to get checked.  One was a wart I have had for years that just won't go away.  So they decided to do a biopsy.  I realized right away that it was more than just a wart of he wanted to biopsy it.  The doctor even mentioned that it might be squamous cell carcinoma.  As it turns out, that is what it is.  

I didn't really know what it was/is.  I know it is pretty common and have at least one friend that has multiple issues with this.  This is brief article on exactly what it is: squamous cell carcinoma 
It fits exactly what mine appears to be.

I don't think it is really anything to worry about.  I just don't relish the idea of more doctors and having to submit to the type of exam that will now occur with a dermatologist.  

No, I'm not really worried, just bummed.  I'll be ok.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad it was caught early!