Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Catching Up

I have been pretty busy of late.  Yesterday was some badly needed yard work.  The weed eater started on the second pull.  That's a first if you know my struggles with that machine.  I have spent a very large amount of time in front of this PC, much more than usual and none of it was for posting here.  I have been consumed by getting our church security team up and running.  Finishing up final details, i.e emails, duty explanations and then the very time consuming scheduling.  I have a very limited number of men I can draw from, and they are also tasked with various duties other than security.  So I have to verify from a standing schedule of duty assignments and then build my schedule, it is mind numbing.  We instituted the plan this past Sunday.  I already had one conflict this past Sunday, and I was the one that was in conflict LOL.  I am sure there will be others.  Hopefully one of the men is working on a scheduling software that will eliminate this tedious issue.  He says it should be ready in 2-3 months.  Then I was told he has been working on it for 2 years.  So maybe not.  The plan worked pretty well.  I had a lot of questions directed toward me too.  I also found out a lot of the men never even checked their email.  Others had issues with the attachments.  So some scrambling resolved some of that.  I was a tired, worn out lump by the time the late evening rolled around.

I will attend a class put on at the police department of the town our church is located in this Saturday.  It is for  civilian active shooter response.  I am hoping to learn even more that may be implemented in our security plan.  It is a nationally recognized course from what I understand.  It will be a lengthy class, from 9-2.  I hope I can sit that long without too much trouble.

I don't see any real slow down in the coming days.  'K' wanted to head to the coast and spend a night there for a break in our routine we have been hoping for......Tomorrow.  I had already planned to take her on a short road trip near us.  So she liked that idea.  I didn't tell her where or what hoping to surprise her a little.  I mean a very little.  It's not a big deal at all.  Just a quick trip to a nearby farm that raises her favorite flower and lets folks in to see and probably buy.  See, not a big deal but she is easily pleased.  

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Rule of thumb from back in the day... email and text message, if no response, a phone call. And I'd have a phone tree set up for those on the security team. Enjoy the day off, so to speak!