Saturday, March 21, 2020

Day 6 of Isolation

Saturday.  We are doing well.  I have had some sort of allergy thing off and on all week.  The oak pollen is very heavy and we have tons of oak trees here and they are yellow with pollen and it hasn't even peaked yet.  When this first started I kinda wondered if I might be getting something more serious.  That was mainly due to all the Chinese virus news.  If I had that, I would be full blown by now, and this comes and goes so I know it's some unidentified allergy.  

We have been going to drive thrus for some meals.  That was a planned thing to help preserve our stores longer since we have no idea how long this will last.  We have decided to stop that now.  Most all the drive through places around here are manned by kids.  My experience tells me they are not as reliable as adults in sanitation.  So we are now almost totally homebound.  We go out for short walks but the weather hasn't been cooperating lately.  We may take a drive or two next week as we can avoid the public and still get out.

Our family get together for Son #2's birthday is still on.  'K' had some reservations about going a couple days ago, which got my attention.  She had been less concerned than I about catching something.  Her concern got my attention.  We watched the Governor and President on Wednesday and things seemed much more tense.  That is when we decided to stay home from the party.  We called the Daughter in Law and let her know and she expressed relief.  She was worried about us coming and getting something.  

I have been reading some of the several books I have waiting for me.  That is something I have not been able to do over the last year.  My attention span has been very short in that regard.  Glad to see it has improved.

Our congregation has now cancelled all assemblies.  They will live stream a full worship service, announcements, prayer, singing, sermon and communion for our members.  There will be a few men that will handle all of that.  Looking forward to that.  

I've seen a few rants by folks expressing their displeasure with the Governor saying that he is trampling our liberty guaranteed by the constitution.  OK, but how does your rant help the situation?  I have my own opinions and will keep those to myself.  I do suggest that if you are anyway PO'ed about the current state of affairs, check yourself before you rant.  Will it help others or make others worry or get PO'ed too?  What does that serve?  Think before you speak applies here especially now.  

My prayers are for those ill with this scourge and our country as we face the unknown.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good points. There ARE times that call for drastic measures and this DOES seem to be one of those.