Monday, February 24, 2020

Deep Clean Day UGH!

We are in deep clean mode here.  After a couple years of surgeries and various health issues that have have hampered us in our physical comfort and abilities, admittedly things have gotten away from us.  I worked on the shower in our bathroom.  That is probably the most neglected of the things we are addressing today.  It's harder to clean as it requires some bending, stooping and kneeling that we weren't really able to do.  So I have been in there trying to get it back to manageable.  However I think I need to have the Stanley Steamer guys out to give it and the entire bathroom the once over.  With our super hard water and lack of attention it just needs someone with better tools than we have.  'K' is working on the floors.  I usually do that but she wanted to do more than vacuum/sweep.  We have laminated wood floors and they will get a shine put on them too.  What am I doing sitting here and not working?  Taking a break lol?  Well it is almost lunch time.  

In the future, like this Spring or Summer I plan on tearing into my man cave.  I want to get rid of a lot of junk including this big computer desk I sit at.  It collects to much crap with all the space it has and I really don't need it anymore since I am spending less and less time on the PC.  Then I'll rip out the carpet, paint the walls and put some new flooring in.  This will require moving everything in the room so that will help me get motivated to throw stuff out and not bring it back in.  I will need to find a smaller used desk so I don't spend much.  I will also get around to reorganizing my leather work center that's in the same room and is always a mess.  Sounds ambitious and as I write this I get a little feeling of being overwhelmed.  I will try to take my time so my back and neck don't pay the price too much.  But I tend to get in a hurry and try to get it finished as fast as I can.  It's just the way I work.  One speed, full out.  But I need to temper that for sure.  

'K' is really itching to get on the road.  Anywhere, it doesn't matter, just go.  We have been dealing with so much with family and our own health issues that she is just done with it.  Me?  I don't feel it like she is but I do want to get on the road too.  Where, no idea.  Grand Canyon area is the most likely destination.  We want to avoid the Spring Break crowd for sure and then there's weather...sounds like I am talking my way out of it doesn't it.  

Our congregation is finally making some strides toward installing a security team and most of the plan I presented to the elders.  We had a congregational meeting and after explaining what we wanted to do we had a few more men step up to be added to the list.  That was encouraging.  Now we just need to work out some details and put it in action.  I'm glad it's moving forward.

OK I gotta get back to it, well lunch anyway.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Just take things one step at a time. And yes, if nothing else, a day trip somewhere would probably be nice and relaxing!