Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Stopping By

That's what this feels like, just stopping by, not staying long or for any substance.  Preps are taking place for the big feast tomorrow.  I have the turkey in the smoker right now.  The others liked my last one so much they want it again instead of a spiral sliced ham.  Thing is, I don't remember year to year how I smoked it the last time.  How long, basting etc.  So I just fake it.  Somehow it turns out OK.

All the kids and Grandkids will be here along with my Mother.  The first thanksgiving without my Dad.  We have been struggling to get her to commit to coming.  There are several things she throws out that make it seem like she won't come for some made up reason.  I think it is because she will feel so different without Dad this time and is afraid of how she will react.  'K' disagrees with me and thinks she is alright about coming.  I know it's a long way for her but we try to make the arrangements so she doesn't have to drive.  Son #2 lives the closest and would pick her up and take her home even if she wanted to leave early (she always does).  She doesn't want him to have to leave early so she wouldn't do that.  Now we have her coming over to his house and following him out.  Since every road and highway is under construction out here she would most likely get lost coming the alternate routes.  She did like the idea of following him better than any other.  She could leave when she wanted and not have him take her home.  She hates to put anyone out.  

Had to take the Explorer in to the shop this week.  One of the dual horns quit working and it can hardly be heard, but now it's fixed.  They had to take the grill off to get to them, not something I wanted to do like I would have years ago.  It's all under warranty anyway.  Then the Sync thing (that's the fancy computer/media screen) acted up one day.  It locked up and when I shut the car off it started flickering and flashing.  It finally started working again but I wanted it checked out just in case.  I couldn't change radio stations or anything else.  It made me realize how much of the car is connected to that thing.  All it needed was an update it seems.  Hopefully that is all.  At least it's documented if it happens again.  Then more drastic measures will be taken.

There are a lot of other things we are dealing with, trying to help some others that is taking up some time.  I won't talk about it here other than that it takes the fun outta posting here sometimes.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Hopefully it was a good thanksgiving...