Thursday, November 21, 2019

Midway....The Movie

I rarely ever go to a movie, maybe once or twice a year for something I may be interested in.  This one was on my radar despite how hokey the trailers looked.  Son#1 and I go to one together on occasion, usually it is a war movie.  The Midway story has been told on film several times.  I don't remember any names or specifics, but I dare say they are not like this one.  

This one gives more detail on what transpired in regard to the intelligence leading up to it.  The film actually starts 4 years prior to WW2.  It does a good job of setting up the climax and characters.  The Pearl Harbor scenes were very intense and more graphic than others I have seen.  That holds true through all the action shots.  I think the story was told well on the Japanese side also.  When the main battle gets going....wow.  I don't want to give anything away so that's all you get.  

This movie made me reflect more than most any other that I have seen.  Especially during the Midway attacks on the Japanese fleet.  The were so intense.  I had to fist pump when they finally got the Akagi.  It was pretty emotional for me as I reflected on the type of people our country produced in that era.  I couldn't help but think about, what if for today?  I don't hold any illusions that we have enough of the sort that would or could do what it took to do what they did.  I'll stop there as I could go on and on.  

Go. See it.

The next movie in my sights is 1917.  Strangely enough, the wife says she was very interested in that one.  Go figure. 

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

It's on my schedule. Thanks for the good words!

Randy said...

Old NFO-I think this will be right up your alley