Monday, October 21, 2019

Unsupervised-3rd Try

I keep hitting something on my keyboard that makes my posts disappear.  No idea what I do and I try to replicate it so I can see what I am hitting with my right hand and making it go away.  I'm sure it must be the way I sit as it makes me reach the key board at an angle instead of straight on.  At least that is what I'm telling myself and am trying to get better posture for this 3rd attempt.  This is my last attempt for today, but you won't know that if nothing gets posted.

I am unsupervised again for a few hours.  'K' has headed over to my Mother's without me.  She told me she didn't want me to go.  She detected something in her conversation with her last night that she may be feeling a bit down and just may need to be the shoulder to cry on.  She puts on her game face when I am around so in order to let it out with 'K' I have to not be there.  

I know she is fretting about a call about her health insurance.  Now that Daddy is gone she will be dropped from his coverage unless she opts for COBRA.  I will sit in on a conversation they have scheduled for her on Nov. 7 to go over what she will need to do.  She is terrified she will lose her insurance since she doesn't understand how it works.  I know nothing about COBRA but I hope I can understand enough to help her make a decision.

I messed around with 'K's' car (CR-V) a little to see if I could get it running a little better.  I couldn't find the stupid spark plugs.  They aren't in the usual places.  I hit utube university.  No wonder I couldn't find them.  Sheesh, I am not going to try and get those out with an aluminum head and block.  I am pretty sure I would strip the hole trying to get them back in.  They are way down inside the head/engine in the back.  They have their own 'valve' cover looking thing.  They have another object that fits over them that has to be removed and I don't have a clue what it is.  I did change the air filter and low and behold it runs much better.  Apparently, even though it didn't look all that bad, it must be more sensitive to restricted air flow.  So I will leave the spark plugs for another time and will probably have them done then.  

Hey I made it all the way without losing this post again.  Yay me.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Cobra is confusing as hell, and usually more expensive than the previous policy (based on my experience). It's truly buyer beware! Honda are a 'breed' of their own, designed to ONLY be worked on by trained mechanics at the dealer. You might look around for an import garage than has a mechanic who was trained on them and left Honda...