Monday, October 7, 2019

ou Week

It's that time of year for college football, rivalry games.  This week my Longhorns take on the land thieves from North of the Red River.  All week long I post 'memes' on the book of faces about ou, something like this:
    

Don't worry, I'll spare you the rest of the week.  I don't ever try to predict what will happen.  They almost always do something other than what all the prognosticators think will happen.  Some a&m fans get twisted to hear someone say that ou is Texas' biggest rival.  While a&m has always been a rival to Texas, they never were close when it comes to the land thieves.  I think it's pretty funny actually how worked up the aggies get over this.  Even though they don't play anymore they still have this deep seated complex about Texas.  Regardless of who you might want to win, this should be a pretty good game this year.  Oh, I did not attend there, I'm just a fan of the sports teams.  And that evens twists the aggies, they have even bestowed a special name for us.  T-shirt fans lol.  Like they don't have any.  

Reporting in on the 'prime' cut brisket I BBQ'ed Friday.  I think that may be the way to go from now on.  Less fat = less mess in the pit and there didn't seem to be any flavor loss.  There is also less loss from having too much fat on the fat cap.  It still shrinks down to about 2/3 of it's raw size.  It was a little drier since there was less fat but less grease too.  I am guessing it was about a 10 lb brisket.  Even with the shrinkage, it still would have been plenty for our family gatherings.  We still are munching on it today.  We may freeze the rest to have later.  

Hook 'em

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Ah yes, rivalry games... LOL I'm an old fart, so I miss the Texas Arkansas games from the SW Conference days! Prime brisket is all I do now, FWIW...

Randy said...

Old NFO- I can't beliee I had forgotten Arkansas. They were a bigger rival than ou at that time.