Saturday, September 7, 2019

Normal?

Things are trying to get back to normal around here.  Still a lot going to be happening in the short term.  

I will be  helping her with get accounts notified, closed, transferred and consolidated with several entities.  I have already dealt with her DirectTV with AT&T.  They were getting charged well over 200$/mo.  I was pretty angry when I called them.  I felt it was flat out abuse of elderly.  It was the bundle of phone/TV/internet.  TV was the biggest culprit.  They had the top package along with a premium movie channel and a regional sports.  Get it lowered by 50$ but I think it's still more than she should have to pay.  I got their basic package of TV which she still gets 250+ channels.  Cancelled the regional sports.  I doubt she even watches TV that much.  She rarely if ever uses internet.  But I didn't want her to be without.  Others may use it when they come over to help her out.  The phone bill has also been raised without notice.  They are supposed to get an employee discount and pay around 7$/mo.  It's been raised to 44$ without notice.  They will hear more soon.

Next week we will address her cell phone bill.  Again, paying for what the never needed.  We will drop Daddy's line, get her phone unlocked.  Take it to a new provider to get it used with their sim card and get her bill to less than 30$/mo.  A savings of over 100$/mo.  

Then there is SS, Daddy's pension and back accounts.  A lot of that can't be addressed until we get death certificates.  The funeral home said they would notify SS, but with all the missteps with the funeral arrangements I don't believe I can trust them to get that right and will start the process Monday.  

All of this along with 'K's' continuing rehab and doctor appointments.  We see the podiatrist Monday.  We see the doctor that did her most recent surgery and get the pathology report.  With good news a another weight off our shoulders.

I have more but this is getting long, so I'll shut up...for now.  But this has been our normal for a while now.  Looking for a new, better normal soon.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Thanks for stepping up, and yes they DO take advantage of the elderly... Dammit. Concur on YOU following up with the various agencies. Hopefully the news with K will be good!