Thursday, September 12, 2019

Breathing Room

I have managed to get a little breathing room with my Mother's affairs.  Not without more than a little frustration dealing with at&t.  What horrible customer service.  Four days of repeated and lengthy phone calls with several transfers on each.  They have now been cancelled for her cell service and git her new phone and cell provider.  The new phone was necessary due to at&t incompetence in getting her current phone unlocked so she could keep her current number.  So I just told them finally to just cancel everything due their incompetence.  there will be a bit of a learning curve with the new phone for her.  I did the best I could with the android operating system ( I have apple) but will need other family that have android phones to help out with anything else.  Bottom line is she won't have to deal with them any longer and we cut her bill by 100$/mo.  If you haven't looked into a cheaper carrier and are interested, give consumercellular.com a look.  We are more than happy and wish we had found them sooner.  We have had '0' issues with our reception etc.

I got the ball rolling on the changes to her SS, and also on my Father's pension.  It appears we won't have to head downtown to make the changes to her SS, they will do it by phone.  They will call me to set up a time to call me for the finalization.  Scratching my head on that one.  At least they will have a time so I can be at her house so she can listen in and answer whatever questions.  The other guys will call sometime in the next 2 days and she will have to deal with that since they can give us no time frame.  That causes concern for her.  

We dropped 'Ks' car back with the mechanic and he will have to replace the compressor again.  He still hasn't been able to determine exactly what is going on with the check engine light.  I can tell he is a little frustrated that things are going this way, but it is not fault of his.  We have built a pretty good rapport.

I also will have a couple more companies come out and give me estimates for the major tree work we need to get done.  

Whew, getting long, there is more but I'll stop for now.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Progress is good, and glad at least one major headache is dealt with!